Former ‘American Idol’ finalist Sanjaya Malakar releases “tell-all” book which is slated to hit bookstands on January 20,2009.
Sanjaya is best known for his impressive hairstyles and screaming young fans also known as Fanjayas, Sanjaya Malakar quickly became a popular american idol contestant and “the people’s idol.”
His unique style and ingenious song selections made him a media fixture and led to a huge and devoted fanbase that still remains today. Malakar finished seventh on American Idol’s 2006 season.
Whether attending a dinner at the White House or being the subject of parody on Saturday Night Live, Sanjaya has captured national attention in a way that far exceeds that of most ordinary suburban teenagers– now, Sanjaya sets the record straight.
Sanjaya treats readers to a behind-the-scenes look at his unlikely rise to fame on one of the biggest shows on television. Among his revelations:
- a step-by-step recount of his audition process and week-by-week analysis of his time on the show
- pointers and inspiration from musical mentors Diana Ross and Jennifer Lopez
- the ponyhawk: did consecutive ponytails save him from elimination?
- “J” the anti-fan who went on a sixteen day hunger strike to vote Sanjaya off
- Ashley Ferl: why she couldn’t stop crying during Sanjaya’s performances
In addition to his Dancing to the Music in My Head: Memoirs of the People’s Idol book, Malakar is also releasing a five-track EP of the same name on January 20 to coincide with the memoir.