Miss Universe 2016 Judges
A lot of preparations has been and are being done for the Grand Coronation Night of the 65th Miss Universe that will be held on January 30, 2017 at the Mall of Asia Arena.
The schedule and venue of the pageant was released mid-December of 2016. And now, although, no formal lists of the names of the judges were released yet, it has been confirmed that the panel of judges for the beauty pageant will not have any Filipino included.
It is the Miss universe Organization that has the job and responsibility to determine and choose who the judges for the pageant will be, said by Department of Tourism Secretary, Wanda Teo.
Despite the want of some Filipinos to include the beloved president, President Rodrigo Duterte, as one of the panel of judges of this years’ Miss Universe, it just could not be done.
Paula Shugart, the Miss Universe Organization president, has clarified and denied the spreading rumors about this, President Rodrigo Duterte as one the judges.
She explained that Miss Universe has a long time policy of not allowing government officials to be judges in the pageant because the judges would have to have no bias, look at the contestants from a basis of neutrality.
She then further explains that the request to have the president as a judge is understandable, but rules are rules, but either way, everyone can voice out their opinions of each contestant.
Secretary Wanda Teo said that she may not know yet who the list of judges will be, but the people can expect that some of the judges will be former beauty queens.
With this thought, fans have started making their own guesses who some of these former beauty queens will be.
Dayanara Torres and Sushmita Sen are two of the most loved beauty queens here in the Philippines. Because of the news released last year, which was that these two were invited to attend this years’ Miss Universe. Fans have started to believe that they are now connecting the dots.
Dayanara Torres has even posted a picture on her Instagram account with the caption of
“Miss Universe 2017 in the Philippines, my second home. What great news! Sobrang nakaka-excite and nakaka-senti. Got to get my secret stash out. Miss na miss ko na kayo!”
She even flew back to the Philippines to be included in some Filipinos film starring with actors such as Aga Muchlach and Cesar Montano.
And Sushmita Sen also tweeted before that
“For me, every Filipino is family…and Philippines (is) my 2nd home ever since 21st May 1994. Winning Miss Universe in Manila (is) a cherished blessing,” she added.”
The first Miss Universe from India also confirmed on her Instagram post that she will comeback to Manila as one of the judges of the 25th edition of the World’s most prestigious pageant.
Everyone is excited to have these two come back and have a visit here in the Philippines.
Here are the Confirmed List of 65th Miss Universe Pageant Judges:
- Dayanara Torres: Former UNICEF ambassador and Miss Universe 1993 from Puerto Rico, author, model, actress and former Miss Universe from Puerto Rico.
- Cynthia Bailey: TV star, former model, and founder of The Bailey Agency School of Fashion, a modeling and fashion school dedicated to helping young women achieve their dreams.
- Leila Lopes: Miss Universe 1991 from Angola and former United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for Desertification currently working with various charitable organizations in Africa.
- Mickey Boardman: Editorial Director of popular fashion and pop-culture magazine, PAPER.
- Sushmita Sen: Bollywood actress, entrepreneur, philanthropist and champion of women’s rights in India; founder of I AM Foundation and former Miss Universe 1994 from India.
- Francine LeFrak: Social entrepreneur, women’s empowerment activist and founder of Same Sky, initiative that provides training and employment to HIV+ women survivors of the Rwandan Genocide.
There were also rumors that Miss Universe 1991 Lupita Jones of Mexico will join the panel of judges but the former titleholder immediately clarified in an interview that she cant due to the fact that she is the current pageant director of Miss Mexico Pageant that sends Mexican delegates for Miss Universe pageant.
This is the list of Filipinos that have been included in the judges’ panel in all the years of Miss Universe
- UN General Assembly Carlos P. Romulo – 1974 – Manila
- Josie Cruz-Natori – 1998 – Cancun, Mexico
- Kuh Ledesma – 1991 – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Emilio T. Yap – 1994 – Manila
- Lea Salonga – 2011 – Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Manny Pacquiao – 2014 – Doral, Miami
Showbiz Trending Topics:
- miss universe 2016 judges (10)
- list of miss universe 2016 candidates (4)
- Update on the judges in Miss Universe 2016 in Manila (2)
- Judges Miss Universe 2016 (2)
- judges for the Miss Universe Pageant 2016 (1)
- judges at miss universe 2016 final nigth (1)
- miss universe 2016 judgest (1)
- miss universe list of judges (1)
- miss universes 2016 judges (1)
- pinoy judge this coming miss universe 2016 (1)